Wednesday 10 August 2016

Rad Hut (The Cut Shoppe)

Hello!  I'm so excited to be sharing a layout with you today that I made for The Cut Shoppe.  I used the Boys Rule cut file, which you can purchase in the Etsy Shop here.  

When I saw the teepee I knew it would be perfect for this photo of Sam and Azaria and the hut they made from plastic bags in the February of this year.  I'm just loving combining cut files and stitching at the moment, and because I used to be an avid cross stitcher (before scrapbooking took over) I knew I wanted to cross stitch behind the cut file.  I used the Attwell Collection combined with an older Paper Bakery flair, and an October afternoon cloud and raindrop chipboard from October Afternoon.



I popped the cut file up on dimensional adhesive to provide separation from the stitching.  My photo was originally 4x6, but I was struggling to make it work in the design of my page, so I trimmed it down to 4x4.  


I'd been hoarding the October Afternoon cloud and raindrop chipboard, and it was great to finally break open the packed and use one.  The reason behind using this feature is because Sam stated to make the hut when it was raining!


I also used the "Rad" word from the cut file, and I love how it has a little star in the middle of the "a".


And here is the cut file.


I also made a process video, which you can watch below or on my YouTube Channel.


Thanks so much for visiting my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment