Monday 5 October 2015

Cake Time (Lets Get Sketchy)

Hello again, yes thats right, two posts in one day!  Its our first week of October reveal over at Lets Get Sketchy!  And before I get to the sketch and layout, make sure you head over there and check out the new look of the blog!  Brenshevia is so awesome at keeping it fresh!  

This week we had a sketch from the lovely and super talented Laura Whitaker (whose sketches I just love working with).  I decided to make another layout about Sam's birthday with my stash kit, and I'm so happy once again to be using up really old stash!

The sketch uses three photos of the same size, but because I had one 4x6 and two 3x4 photos I needed to make the sketch work for me.  I trimmed my 4x6 photo down a little, and just made all the layers proportionately larger.  I stayed true to the sketch with my paper layers, and then went to town embellishing!  It was especially rewarding to use up lots of old stickers.  And then I was in the mood for outlining, so added this after I'd adhered my layers!


And here is the sketch:


Make sure you play along and link up your layout!

1 comment:

  1. he looks sooo excited!!! fun page, love the color mix going on!! and great ink splats!!!

    ReplyDelete