Friday 24 July 2015

Poolside (Stuck?! Sketches)

Hello again!  I'm back with another sketch challenge layout, and this time I played along at Stuck?! Sketches with their latest.  I used my June Hip Kit again, and this time I used one of the most gorgeous papers I have ever seen as my background.  It's called Shine, and is from the Simple Stories Summer Vibes collection.  I really wanted to feature it, so it was perfect for this sketch. 

This layout features a photo of Brielle and I, enjoying her first time in the paddling pool last summer.   I cut the photo in half, and I love how it turned out!  The colour of my top and the blue of the pool were perfect for the papers and feel of the kit.  I was actually nervous as I was sprinking my colour shine, because I didn't want to ruin the paper.  I limited the colours that I used, with gold in all three places, and then colour matching the blue with blue and coral with the orange tones etc.


The Poolside title chipboard was perfect for the layout!



I made some more epoxy stickers with the triangle Fancy Pants paper from the kit.


 I toned down the top left cluster so as to not overtake the shinning rays, and stamped the tag with my Dear Lizzy phrase stamp.


Here is the sketch:


Have a fantastic weekend!

5 comments:

  1. OMG, this is lovely! The paper you used is great and you combined the picture and the embellishments.

    Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun page, love what you did with the photo ( I am sure I will be lifting that idea!) So glad you joined us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great summery page how you broke up the photo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks amazing!! LOVE that background paper & all of the gorgeous embellishments that youve added!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you go making this collection shine once again! Love your two-tone splattering detail and those scrumptious, glittery elements! Such a fun pic, too! Thanks again for playing along with us this month at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete