Tuesday 14 July 2015

One Paper, 3 Layouts!

Hello! It's week two of the school holidays here and I wanted to share with you three layouts that I made with the same piece of paper from my May Hip Kit.  It was this paper from Dear Lizzy "Fine & Dandy" called Lets Party.  I really wanted to focus on the striped side, and rather than use it as a full background or layering piece I really wanted to feature it on three layouts.
I made all of these layouts while we were on holiday in Christchurch last week.  Shaun had to go for a coference so we decided to tag along too!  We stayed at a holiday home, and I just set myself up on the dining room table while Brielle was sleeping,  and in the evening once the kids had gone to bed.

For my first layout I cut apart some of the stripes and then adhered them with the white cardstock background between them.  This created a central focus which was perfect for my photo and embellishments.  I had this funny photo of Azaria posing on the deck at Lonestar Restaurant in Wanaka.  She actually has no idea why she was posing of saluting!  It was also the perfect layout to use the flamingo.


For my second layout I used a piece of the paper on the bottom third of my page, added my photos and build my composition around them.  The photos were taken on Boxing Day when Shaun's brother and family came up to visit.


For my final layout I used the final piece of the paper that was remaining from cutting the stripes for the first layout.  I used two photos of Shaun and I with Brielle, and did the package technique with water colours in the background.    I kept this one really simple, focussing on the photos and with minimal embellishment.


I hope you enjoyed these layouts, I loved creating them!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing layouts Melissa! What a great idea to use the DL paper for three different designs! I really love the cut apart strips on your first layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh LOVE LOVE how you used that line!! super great post and LOVE the top one!!!! always love seeing your style in action!!!

    ReplyDelete