Monday 2 June 2014

Daddy Kisses (Lets Get Sketchy)

Hello!  Well yes it's been really quiet around here lately as my newborn baby hasn't been sleeping too well during the night, and I've been finding it hard to get some scrap time in.  However, I was still able to get my layout finished for this week's first reveal for June over at Lets Get Sketchy.

You'll notice lots of changes over on the blog, including new Design Team Members (who are all very lovely and talented), and a new look to the blog!

This week we had a lovely sketch by our awesome leader Brenshevia.  I just loved the tags on this one, and as I really wanted to scrap these photos of my husband and our new baby girl, I turned the sketch to the right and made it work for the two 4 x 6 photos.  As I couldn't fit a third photo I layered papers under the cut apart journalling spot.


I used Maggie Homes' Flea Market for Crate Paper for this layout, as I knew the cut apart sheet had tags.  The background paper already had pink ink splatters, and I scattered a variety of sequins in the exact positions shown on the sketch.  I embellished with some pieces from the ephemera pack.  In this photo our wee daughter is only one week old.  She's 7 weeks tomorrow and I can't believe how fast time flies, even with sleep deprivation!

And here is the sketch:



Make sure you play along and link up your layout!  We love seeing what you create.

Bless you
Melissa

6 comments:

  1. ohhh I hope she starts sleeping soon!!! so both of you can get more sleep!!!
    LOVE LOVE your sweet page and the date- 7 days old!! that is sooo adorable!!! love the sequins and look at all her hair!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart melted... so touching so beautiful. Love how you took the sketch and flipped and added in the journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Melissa, and really great take on the sketch!! I love that diagonal striped paper for your background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet page! Hope your baby starts sleeping better so that you can get more rest too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very beautiful and precious! Love how you've adapted the sketch and your embellishing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love how you rotated the sketch and also am loving the colors you used. Great job!

    ReplyDelete