Monday 30 June 2014

A Fair Exchange? (Lets Get Sketchy)

Hello!  Welcome to our June 5th Monday Challenge over at Lets Get Sketchy, which is a special challenge we have whenever there's a 5th Monday in the month.

This month we were provided with an inspiration photo, and we had to create a layout based on it.  I was inspired first of all by the green, and it immediately made me think of Sam and his love of Minecraft.  I had a taken a photo of Sam teaching Azaria Minecraft last school holidays; he offered her this lesson in exchange for a cleaning lesson, as he really HATES tidying his room!  Often she helps him, which involves her cleaning and him playing!  Now I always tell her that she's only to clean if he is helping!  Haha they are a funny pair!


I used my May Hip Kit, and the addition of some washi tape and a cut apart card from Pebbles (time wasted ...).  Like most on the Design Team, I was heavily inspired by the diagonal design of the advertisement, and the black and green colours.  I also added a pop of pink inspired by the small dots of colour.  I love the Basic Grey Highline Range which is included in the kit, especially the chipboard!


And of course the script thickets are so trendy!


And here is the inspiration photo:



Make sure you play along with this challenge, as its not every month that we have a 5th Monday!  Head on over to the blog and check out how the Design Team were inspired.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous layout! Love the layers and colors and just pretty much everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really awesome layout, and you did an amazing job with the inspiration photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. So many yummy details on your awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete