Saturday 22 March 2014

Inspired by Paige Evans

Hello! I just love the work of Garden Girl Paige Evans who makes awesome layouts and process videos over at  Two Peas in a Bucket.  Paige is amazing at mixing patterns and colours, and she makes layering of embellishments appear effortless.  This week I decided to make a layout where my background was inspired by her style.

I used a Paper Bakery Kit and deconstructed a piece of patterned paper from Websters Pages by cutting apart the triangles.  I put it back together into banners that I stitched on with my sewing machine.  My layout is about my daughter sorting out my sequin collection into a new box.  I just love that she gets involved in my scrapbooking too!

I made by layout at A4 size, which I occasionally do to provide some visual change in my albums.


And a couple of close ups"


Of course I had to add some real sequins as a final touch!


I just got a new camera, my first Canon DSLR, and these are the first photos I've taken of my layouts with it.  I've been having a great time practicing with it this week, getting out and about in the lovely Autumn sunshine with Azaria and taking photos.

Have a great weekend
Melissa x

5 comments:

  1. I love the banners and I'm jealous that your daughter is interested in scrapbooking, LOL! Mine works to do completely different things from me and does everything fabulously!
    Enjoy your new camera! These pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on Paige's style, Melissa!! The banner background is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great page!! Love the banner and the sequins and that pretty pink font ... great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is absolutely fantastic! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee all the banners and the sequins!!!!

    ReplyDelete