Saturday 11 January 2014

My Boy & I (Shimelle.com)

I'm so excited that I actually managed to do some scrapbooking that wasn't Design Team work again!  I love everything that Shimelle does, so I was really keen to play along with her recently posted sketch challenges.  I played a couple of times last year, then got sick and struggled to just get my design team commitments met.

The first sketch that she posted for 2014 was Sketch-Thirty Two, which involved scrapping two photos on a patterned paper background you really love.  This was perfect for the Dear Lizzy paper I've used, and once again I used my August Paper Bakery Kit:


I've been making lots of pages about Sam lately, in my effort to be somewhat caught up before the baby arrives.  I love that Paper Bakery Kits work so well with any photos, whether they be masculine or feminine.  This layout features two photos that my Mum took 5 years ago, I just trimmed them to 4 x 4 to make them work for this sketch.  Very simply embellishment, but I think it compliments the boldness of the script paper.

Here is the sketch:


Thanks for looking.  I'll be back later in the week with my take on Sketch Thirty-Three.
Melissa 

4 comments:

  1. Love it Melissa!! Great use of Shimelle's sketch and the Dear Lizzy paper is awesome for your background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice to showcase that paper on a simple sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH, Love that sketch and what you did with it!!! You chose great papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great page and LOVE The background paper choice!!!! super cute

    ReplyDelete