Tuesday 7 January 2014

Hello 2014!

It's Tuesday the 7th of January as I write this, and I've just had two days on my own as the kids have been staying at Grandma and Granddad's and Shaun went back to work yesterday.  I've had a lot of time to think, reflect on 2013 and think about what's to come, and what I'd like to see as goals for 2014.  Of course I've also had some creative time at my scrap table, have tidied the house, and have contemplated (delayed) putting the Christmas tree and decorations away!

Well the most exciting thing about what 2014 has in store is something I haven't shared on here yet, but it looked a little like this 5-6 weeks ago, and is arriving in April:



20 Weeks pregnant!!!
We are all very excited about baby number 3, especially me as pregnancy is a challenge!  I haven't shared much about this, but this pregnancy has been so hard as I've suffered from Hyperemesis gravidarum, which is essentially severe morning sickness, which required medication (to try and stop the vomiting), hospitalisation (4 times) and IV fluids for dehydration.  I had to take 8 weeks off from work, and our amazing church family provided evening meals for us for 7 weeks!  It was really hard on my kids, especially Azaria, and we had to tell them I was pregnant at 7 weeks.  My theme song for September became "Wake me up when September Ends"!!

Around 7 weeks pregnant, getting the IV for the first time.  This was just the beginning . . .

I'm a lot better now, thanks to prayer and time.  I'm not 100 percent better yet, and still have not so great days, but I'm 25 weeks tomorrow, and on the countdown.  I'm really grateful as its such a blessing to have been given a third child. And no we didn't find out what we are having!!!

Scrapbooking while sick was one of the hardest challenges in my creativity ever!  I think I missed two DT assignments, mostly due to being in hospital, but I made myself scrap through the lull.  I actually learnt how to create quickly, instead of spending hours (or days) on a layout.  

Last year my word for the year was Grace; for myself, and for other people.

So when it came to my word for 2014, after spending some time thinking about it, the word I kept coming back to was Joy, I think because last year was hard, but it reminded me to find joy in everything, everyday, even the hard stuff.  I'll be creating a layout for my word soon, and will share it here.

So my main creative and blog goals for this year are the following:
  • To create because I love it, not because I have to.
  • To share more of myself and our life on my blog, because lets face it, this is as close to keeping a diary as I'll get.
  • To put my layouts in albums and not let them stack up!
  • To learn new techniques and keep exploring my scrapbooking style.
  • To take better photos, both of our life and of my layouts.
Now for some family photo shots that we took in the park in the weekend:

Melissa, Shaun, Sam & Azaria.

A selfie of me and my boy!

Photo taken by Sam, he totally directed this shot and told me to take off my hat!

Shaun and his princess!

Thanks for sticking with me and reading this far!  

Be blessed and full of joy!
Melissa x

4 comments:

  1. You are looking beautiful so glad you are feeling better, I hope you will continue on that path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am so glad you are feeling better! Love the photos. Congrats and good luck! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are feeling better Melissa and I hope 2014 holds lots of good things for you!! Can't wait to see some pics of your new little one in April!!

    ReplyDelete