Monday 20 January 2014

Happiness (Lets Get Sketchy)

Welcome to our third reveal for January over at Lets Get Sketchy.  I decided to scrap a couple of photos I've had printed for a while now, and they are of my kids at our local Coffee Club cafe, which Azaria used to affectionately refer to as "The Fluffy Club".  In my part of the world fluffies are steamed milk in a short black cup with sprinkles or chocolate on top.  My kids have since graduated to hot chocolates!

I used a Paper Bakery kit (plus some washi tape) for this layout, and decided to go somewhat monochromatic with blue and green.  I struggled with this layout, not sure why, but I do know that creativity can ebb and flow.


I started with some Heidi Swapp Colour Shine mist as a background, then added my paper layers and photos.  I finished off with the banners, washi tape and stamping.  I then spent over an hour searching on my laptop for the date that these photos were taken, but with no luck.  I'll add it later on once I find it, so this layout will be added to the "date needed" pile.

Here are some close ups:



And here is the awesome sketch designed by the very talented Bev Code:


It's been so awesome to see so many scrapbookers that are new to LGS playing along with this months sketches, make sure you link up your layout to be in to win a fabulous prize.

Happy scrapping!
Melissa x


7 comments:

  1. Awesome job using the sketch. I love those colors and what adorable photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color scheme and big paint drops. Great story to go with your page too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute, sooo love the colors and misting going on here!!! very fun LO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty layers on this page, love the pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with the sketch Melissa! And the mix of Blue and Green is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on this sketch. All the little details add so much interest to the page. Great job!

    ReplyDelete