Monday 16 September 2013

Cake Art (Lets Get Sketchy)

Hello!  Well its time for Team A to reveal our second layout for September over at Lets Get Sketchy, which means we're halfway through the month!  I've been feeling really under the weather lately, which is why I haven't been blogging much.  Hopefully things are on the upside now and I'll be feeling a lot better.

This weeks sketch was designed by the awesomely talented Jenessa Franco:


I decided to make a page that would go next to my Week 1 reveal, which was the butterfly cake that I made for my friend's daughter.  Its always satisfying to get an event scrapped and done!


I used the same Studio Calico kit as my previous layout, I just love all the colours, patterns and fun embellishments in it!  I also used India Ink and a paint brush to get my big ink splatters, a technique taught by the amazingly artsy and talented Wilna Furstenberg.


Here are some close ups:


I can't wait to see your take on the sketch, make sure you link up, and also head over to the blog to see how the rest of Team A interpreted the sketch.

Be blessed
Melissa x

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful details like the twine, staples and splatters! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such an awesome job with the sketch! Love all the little details added. And that cake is so darn awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Melissa!! Love those HS alphas for your title, and the butterflies create a great visual triangle on your page!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete