Sunday 14 July 2013

The Story of a Girl by a Boy with a Camera (Use Your Words)

Welcome to our first official reveal and challenge over at Use Your Words Challenge Blog!  We are all so excited about today, and can't wait for you to join in and play along!  

What I love so much about Use Your Words is that you can scrapbook in any style, about any subject,  provided that you use the word that's provided either in your title or in your journaling.  The word for this challenge is "STORY". There is so much scope within this word, and as scrapbookers, I believe that as well as indulging in our love of pretty paper and embellishments, we also love to preserve our memories by telling our stories.

I decided to use "Story" in my title, in order to explain what is behind these beautiful photos of my daughter Azaria, which were taken by my son (aged 5) last December.  Every Christmas my husband creates beautiful canvases with photos of our kids and us.  Shaun gave Sam the camera and told him to go and take some photos of Azaria, and these were my two favourites.

Here is my layout:






I had so much fun creating this layout. I started knowing that I wanted to use the little bags behind the photos, and that I wanted to mix vintage imagery with modern products.  I also knew that I wanted a mix of lettering for my title.  I used a mix of My Minds Eye, Simple Stories Vintage Bliss, Echo Park Paper Beautiful Moments, Paper Bakery Flair, Evalicious Flair and a stamp, and random other die cuts from my stash.  I had fun with my new Amy Tangerine stitching template too!

I'm so looking forward to seeing what you create!
Be blessed
Melissa x

4 comments:

  1. I loved all of these colours and your journaling! And all these amazing photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love absolutely everything about this page, the title is especially awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this page Melissa!! The mixed title is so fun and such adorable photos of your daughter!! Great layout to tell the story behind the canvases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is spectacular! All the fun little details are wonderful! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete