Sunday 28 July 2013

Four (Paper Bakery Sketch #8)

I played along again (at the last minute) with the latest sketch over at the Paper Bakery.  The sketch had two circles, but I chose not to use them.  I flipped the orientation of the box and strip behind the photos.  I used my June Paper Bakery Kit, and this was my first layout made with it.

I chose a photo of my kids and their nieces which my Mother in Law took during Autumn when the kids were playing in the leaves at her house.  I love this photo as it has all the kids in line of their age.  The colours of the red Autumn leaves looked great with the corrugated paper, so that was my starting point.  I love the Elle's Studio Saltwater frames, and was so keen to use them, one to frame the photo and the other for the journaling.  My layout is quite simple, but I love how it turned out. The only extra items that aren't from the kit are the plain vellum paper (which I layered under the frames to provide some separation), white cardstock, and a new stamp from Paper Bakery (stamps like a dream, such good quality!).

Here is the sketch:

And here is my layout:




Have a blessed rest of your weekend, its Sunday afternoon here!
Melissa x

5 comments:

  1. Love your take and the sketch and how you used the kit! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Bakery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the Sketch Melissa, and awesome job with the June Kit!! Great mix of all the products!! Thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super adorable layout! Love the clean lines of the layout and the fact that you used a Paper Bakery kit! Hope you are able to join us at Paper Bakery in another challenge soon! I'd love to see what you do with more sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent take on the sketch! This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout. I love all the little details that abound all over (layering, corrugate, staples, ribbon, mist, wood, etc.)

    ReplyDelete